The Manitoba Energy Justice Coalition is hiring a Volunteer Coordinator!
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Part time contract - 6 months with prospect of extension
Contract wage - $7,000
The Manitoba Energy Justice Coalition (MEJC) is currently seeking applications for the position of Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary role is to assist MEJC in providing leadership in volunteer recruitment and management, including best practices around team-building and fostering safe and inclusive spaces.
Evening and weekend hours will be required based on outreach opportunities, and may include other duties as assigned to support MEJC’s staff and campaigning work.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Recruiting & training volunteers
- Scheduling and staffing teams with volunteers
- Providing training opportunities for volunteers
- Providing support to volunteers at events and on tasks
- Creating and maintaining tasks to be undertaken by volunteers
- Supporting database maintenance
- Foster a culture of mutual accountability
- Liaising with MEJC's campaign teams and other crews
- Attend core team meetings
- Check in with key volunteers in person, on the phone and via email or Slack
- Attending regular issue briefings with MEJC's campaigns coordinator
- Assessing MEJC institutional practices through surveying and interviews of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent delegation and follow up abilities
- Comfortable interacting with the public in various settings
- Experience coordinating program/project logistics
- Experience with event planning/coordination
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Organized with proven attention to detail
- Experience public outreach and social media campaigns
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Educational background or knowledge/experience in a relevant field (environmental science/studies; education; Indigenous studies, women’s and gender studies, sociology, urban and inner-city studies, community development or conflict resolution, volunteer coordination)
- Strong awareness of and sensitivity to cultural issues
- Administrative capabilities, including computer skills
- Access to the internet and cell phone with ability to respond to communications in a timely manner
- Access to a reliable means of transportation
Please apply by November 12th by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Volunteer Coordinator”
MEJC is committed to employment equity and encourages people to self-identify in their applications.
We appreciate all applications but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
MEJC is an alliance of Manitoban community groups and individual supporters committed to defending the lands, air, and waters in Manitoba by working to reclaim and protect our environment and promote social justice in the energy sector. Groups work independently on many issues, and come together through this coalition to advance a shared vision and mission related to eliminating fossil fuels, protecting watersheds, and promoting resource equity in Manitoba. We are committed to working in solidarity with other front line and fence-line communities directly affected by fossil fuels.
We strive to ensure all of our activities foster an inclusive and safe work environment.
To learn more about MEJC, visit: www.mbenergyjustice.org.